WHS Library Catalog
OCLN Public Library Catalog
Boston Public Library Catalog
Using the WHS Library Catalog
When Library Search is selected, entering keywords in the Find box will generate a list of all the items that are physically located in the WHS Library.
- Keyword: This will return suggestions of books that may contain some information on the keyword(s) entered
- Subject: Use this if you want a book that is “about” the word(s) you search for
After you get your list, click on the title for more information about the book
Finding a Book in the WHS Library:
- Write down the Title and the Call Number (upper left corner)
- Go to the appropriate section of the Library
- FIC – near the circulation desk – arranged alphabetically by the 1st three letters of the author’s last name.
- Nonfiction- arranged by Dewey Decimal Number (number and location depends on the subject of the book – look at the signs on the ends of the bookcases)
- Biographies- 921’s located in the back of the library and arranged alphabetically by the name of the person the book is about
If you decide against the book put it back in the exact location you found it in or leave it on top of the bookcase.
When WebPath Express is selected, entering keywords in the Find box fill generate a list of suggested websites. Access each website directly by clicking on the title or url or print the list out to take with you.
Why WebPath Express instead of Google?
Google has no idea who you are and what your needs are. You may have to sift through many websites before finding one that is appropriate for your needs. WebPath Express will return suggestions that are more appropriate for a student needing information to complete a school assignment.