Global Languages Academy
Picture your future, do you see yourself…
• advising government officials about customs and policies of other nations?
• traveling with an international relief organization?
• providing a voice for international visitors as an interpreter?
• teaching about other cultures and languages as an educator?
• volunteering in the Peace Corps?
• working to advance breakthroughs in science through research?
• advancing your understanding of the English language through its classical roots?
• scouting and negotiating for international players as a sports agent?
• ensuring the safety of our nation as a Homeland Security Officer?
• participating in a global economy as an international business person?
• interpreting in Sign Language for the Deaf and hard of hearing?
Imagine…using your foreign language skills to work in our global community. Speaking a foreign language not only opens up doors for job opportunities in an international setting, but there is a need for foreign language skills in the United States as well. By enrolling in the Global Languages Academy, students will be exposed to many employment options that are enhanced by knowing a foreign language.
The Global Languages Academy seeks to prepare students for world citizenship by integrating the 21st century skills of communication, collaboration, and problem solving. Students will develop proficiency in a world language(s), multi-cultural literacies, and global awareness.
Career exploration available in this academy:
• International Studies • International photojournalist, travel writer, correspondent
• Human Services • International medical professional
• Foreign Language • Global Literature
• Hospitality Industry
Global Languages Academy Requirements:
• Foreign Language 3 credits
• Pathway Electives 1 credit
• GLA Capstone 1 credit
Total Credits upon completion of Academy 5 credits
To view the WHS Program of Studies - Click Here